Unavoidable?

I wonder, if free will were exercised fully, considering only the paramount consequences, our interaction with each other, our actions and deliberations would be so much different."The gullible human mind" is so used to behaving predictably and in a patterned manner. Amongst all my colleagues, I can predict the reactions and behavior of 90% of them with 99% accuracy. And, i don't enjoy it. Isn't this commonness UNAVOIDABLE? There needs to be some variety, you need to be irrational sometimes and you need to behave differently on occasions. I am not advocating "extremes" though. We need to develop an appetite for "outliers" and be comfortable with the idea of "outliers". When I wore a shade of pink to office the other day, some of my colleagues couldn't accept this deviation. They felt the color was "odd" and "girly". I felt devastated. I had spent 18 minutes(which is far above the average shopping time for men) in the Arrow counter at the brand factory store trying to find a shirt that was "different" and "uncommon" color.many of you have probably gone through such situations, when people say, "You bought this car? Its so compact..Its so strange.. It's so compact.., and things like that. But I had some solace in store. One of my colleagues looked at me admiringly and said, "Wow that's cool. This is a such a rare color."I felt somewhat compensated for the effort I had put into finding the shirt.

Inability to accept novelty  is definitely one of the biggest obstacles to thinking and behaving creatively.If we all could create and accept "uncommon" things and situations, the world would be so much more fun. Creativity is not a skill, but an attitude, very few possess. When you can break mental barriers to 'new', when you can adapt easily to 'new' , when you can think and talk 'new', you belong to valued breed of "few". Charles Mingus said, "Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that’s easy. What’s hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity” .So the next stage is to make things "AWESOME".


Break the shackles and be creative.And when it comes to people, they will either ways comment/question.


Only "different" and "innovative" things create change value.They can lead to a bigger metamorphosis of sorts and help you  reach a stage of creative nirvana and satisfaction. Why be X when you can B Xciting?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'What to do' in Bengaluru?

First Day, First Show

COMMITment quests