'What to do' in Bengaluru?
Bengaluru attracts a huge number of students and employees from different parts of the country and is known for several good things including the weather. Many a time, people ask me, "What's special about Bengaluru?" . There are hundreds of interesting things to do at Bengaluru and hundreds of places to visit as well. But then, some things just stand out and qualify to become the "must do things at Bengaluru". They are:
1) Enjoy the local cuisine in at some iconic eateries like MTR and Vidyarthi Bhavan. (Try the Masala Dosa and the Rava Idli which are a specialty offering)
2) Visit the Lal Bagh and Cubbon Park to breathe in some fresh air and enjoy the serene atmosphere. The Cubbon Park also houses a huge library with a great collection of books.
3) Visit the 'Food Street' at V.V. Puram and taste some of the best snacks and the great variety of food stuff.
4) Visit the “Art of Living’ International Center located on the Kanakapura Road to get a glimpse of some brilliant architecture and the global spirituality super store.
5) Let yourself loose at Wonderla, one of India’s best amusement parks, located close to Bidadi.
6) Visit Innovative Film City, to click some wonderful pictures which would easily qualify to be your whatspp DP or facebook profile picture.
7) Engage in go-karting at Patel’s Inn, RT Nagar or visit Dirt Mania on Kanakapura Road for some hardcore outdoor adventure.
8) If you are a nightlife enthusiast or looking out for a quick drink, visit one of the numerous pubs/bars like ABC, Skyee, High, Toit or 3 Monkeys.
9) Go watch the sunrise and some breath-taking views at the Nandi Hills. You could also take a wine tour on the foothills of Nandi Hills, adding to the overall experience.
10) Watch a play at Rangashankara/Alliance francaise and get a truly amazing theatrical treatise. You can get the play details on Bookmyshow for most of the plays being staged at Rangashankara/Alliance francaise.
11) Go shopping at Commercial Street and Chikpet and shop for pocket friendly clothing and accessories.
12) An evening stroll on MG Road/Brigade Road and a visit to ‘Rangoli’- The Metro Art Center and dinner at Hard Rock café could be the perfect end to your day.
13) Visit ISKON/Infant Jesus Church for some soul searching and God Company.
14) Participate in one of the several marathons/walkathons organized very frequently at Bengaluru
15) Visit the various shopping malls (UB City/Orion Mall/Phoenix Market City et al) / indoor gaming destinations like Amoeba.
16) If you are a frequent buyer of electronic devices, visit S.P Road.
17) Visit Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum/ Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium/ HAL museum for some scientific and technological knowledge up gradation.
18) Visit the Bannerghatta National Park and sight the white tiger and various other magnificent animal folk.
Well that’s just a minute list and we could just keep adding to the list and the magnificence of Bengaluru!